Friday, July 22, 2011


One of my favorite HD photogs shooting me playing  lookout
Professional Photographers are the BEST


I am very fortunate in my line of work to get to work with some amazing talent in photography.  I myself am not a photographer, and there’s a good reason for that.  I can compose a shot, know focus is important and even know enough about aperture to be dangerous.  But when it comes to getting THE shot, I just don’t have the touch.   I work with some fantastic still, HD and aerial HD photographers on a regular basis.  What makes them better than the others you ask?  Well, the touch and ability to capture the moment for one, but I find that having a collaborative attitude, combined with an inquisitive nature makes the best of the best.

I recently discovered the HDR technique for still photography and I’m intrigued to find a way to integrate this into an upcoming project for a client.  HDR, is high dynamic range photography.  I’ve learned a bit about it from Trey Ratcliff, who does terrific work.  Here are some samples of what he does http://stuckincustoms.smugmug.com/.  I like that it is similar to  the video production workflow and think my clients could have several applications for this style of still photography.

Finally I recently bought a new still camera for catching photos of the kids.  I’m a big fan of Canon for still photography – I have a film SLR and will one day invest in a digital SLR, but this time I bought the Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS 12.1 MP Digital Camera.


I love how small it is and it takes great pictures in automatic mode, which is exactly what I need trying to keep up with a toddler and preschooler.  I’m including one of our shots from a recent beach trip.  I will probably take it on my next shoot to get some behind the scenes stills to share.


 

1 comment:

  1. Feel free to post a comment -especially if you have a strong opinion on this subject.

    ReplyDelete